Monday, July 1, 2024

Margo's Musings: What's Up With Wombats?


This week, Margo’s favorite pick was a big hit with the whole family. My little sister couldn't resist the cover and we were all curious. Turns out none of us really knew anything about wombats before we read it! They really are fascinating.


Wombats Are Pretty Weird
is a nonfiction text that is perfect for read aloud! Abby Cushman is the illustrator and the author. She sure is funny! We loved reading all the little jokes, and there is a snake throughout the book commenting on the facts and they are hilarious. Margo looked for the snake and pointed each time she spied it.
Through our laughter we were amazed about all the things we were learning about wombats. Once you learn about their unique poop and their bottoms, you will wonder how you never knew these things before!

Love the illustrations and speech bubbles used throughout the book. Text was displayed in a way that was easy to process. loved the way humor was used to help us learn and remember key facts. This book will have you laughing out loud and wanting to know more! I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys learning about animals and likes to laugh.


We were excited to learn the author has another book that just came out called Flamingos Are Pretty Funky. I know what we will be getting from the library next!

Has anyone else read Wombats Are Pretty Weird? Or have yours read another book by Abi Cushman? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

Happy Reading!

~F

14 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun.
    You and Margo might also like Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC- We will have to check it out! Sounds fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Humor probably helps the kids learn. I bet most of us don't know much about wombats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex- Humor definitely helps the facts stick and I agree that most of us don't know a lot about wombats. I learned a ton! :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know anything about wombats. You've got me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie- I highly recommend this book. Fun and interesting! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks to be a lot of fun. I do love when nonfiction books can engage the younger reader with its humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda- Totally! This book is fun and engaging. The humor is perfect. :)

      Delete
  5. I know nothing about wombats:) Sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing;)
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m not even sure I know what a wombat looks like. I think maybe I should read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds a great book.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parece un genial libro. Gracias por la reseña. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wombats are so cute, I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun book! I like when nonfiction writers make learning fun for kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget