We're telling the truth!
Truth vs. Lie Author Challenge revealed...
1. As a child, I was such an avid reader that I would get a temporary library card every summer when I went to visit my grandparents in Minnesota. I would read the books I brought and then walk to the library to get another stack of books to make it though the next week.
TRUE! I really did get a temporary library card during my two week visits to Minneapolis. My grandma would take me to the library at the start of my trip to get it. I would bring about 8 books with me, but I would still check out books at the start of the trip. Then halfway through the visit I would walk to the library and check out more books. I thought everyone did this when they went on vacation. Now I realize my grandma must have had a special arrangement with the librarian. Thanks to both of them for helping to cultivate my love of reading!
2. I love the peace of the morning and I get up early every day to write. A week doesn't go by that I don't watch the sunrise as I write at my computer.
LIE: I am actually the opposite of a morning person. As much as I love the sunrise, it takes all my might to get myself out of bed each morning. I actually set 5 alarms- one is in my closet so I can't just shut it off. I do love writing at night and find the peace and darkness inspiring.
3. In third grade I learned how to wiggle my ears by accident. Now I can wiggle my ears at will.
TRUE! It was a happy accident when I felt my ears wiggle by accident, and now I can wiggle them whenever I want. My students at school have enjoyed this trick! The video shows a clip.
1. I don't have a TV, but I do like to watch a little entertainment each night on Netflix. The feature playing is usually Xena or MASH, sometimes I sprinkle in The Twilight Zone, or Bewitched.
TRUE! I am a little old timey. I enjoy mythology, and Xena always delivers a creative twist with action packed adventure, MASH has wonderful character development, and the other shows are pure magic.
2. I have an interesting relationship with numbers, and I like to relax by putting together math puzzles and solving word problems. Fractions are my favorite to play with.
LIE! I am terrible at complicated math, thus I never pursued my dream of becoming an astronaut.
3. The only pencil I like to draw with is a Ticonderoga #2, it's all about the eraser. When I was a kid, I had an art teacher that told me a real artist never erases. My rebellious nature presented itself in the fact that 50% of my art is creating interesting negative space with the eraser.
TRUE! My art supplies are simple. With a box of new Ticonderoga #2's and a couple of blank pieces of paper, I can entertain myself for hours. The story of the art teacher is also true, and it always bothered me because there's nothing wrong with changing your mind to recreate your art. In fact, that's the whole point.
★ Congratulations Lucia ★
You've guessed our lies correctly, and we've selected your name from the hat.
Enjoy the mystery book bundle!
May the suspense be with you. ;)
To request a REVIEW COPY for THE SECRET FILES OF FAIRDAY MORROW please contact: Samuel Terris
PRE-ORDER your copy TODAY!