Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Answer to Monday's Riddle: Take Me Out...



Excellent guessing Riddlers! This week we're up to bat. Lizzy's review will have us cheering for more, and Friday we'll be hearing from Maureen Sherry, author of the book Walls Within WallsSee you all around the book block. ; ) ~ F



The Knickerbockers played the pitch, and history flipped the switch. When Cartwright tossed out the ball, he never let momentum fall. His rules revolved around a mound, set inside a diamond ground, and nine are they who hit and run, sliding home just for fun. The Pirate, Haddix, played it right, but the Braves won the night. Do-or-die at Fenway Park, the Sox and Yankees made their mark. So much news that there's been! It's hard to remember what and when. But, there are those who know it all, and they're most likely to make the call. 


What am I referring to? Answer: Baseball!



Make time to riddle and rhyme!
62 original riddles and illustrations 

Available in all e-book formats
Download for only .99¢ on Smashwords



4 comments:

  1. Well, I missed your riddle this week. :-( Things like editing got in the way. No excuse, of course, but fact. I'm a baseball fan, so I would have guessed. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool riddle! I think I would have guessed with team names, but if I'd missed with those, I would've gotten Fenway Park. So one strike-one hit . Now if I can just run fast enough to get to first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got too specific! Darn. At least I was in the ballpark. (ooooooooooo)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget