Monday, July 24, 2023

Color, Creation, and Inspiration

"Seven Royal Colors Play Rainbow Ride" 
Who but I peeps from the unhewn dolmen arch? 
(excerpt taken from a translation of the ancient poem, Amergin in The White Goddess by Robert Graves)

Hello, Readers! Sometimes stories are channeled through art. My mind tends to travel down random conceptual tangents that wind up linking different ideas together. Skipping around on the creative path, no matter where it leads, permits me to follow along and let creative spirit show the way. 

As creation grows, so do stories. I like to listen to audio books while I work. Many of the books I listen to are about philosophy and quantum science, two topics I love to engage with. The books I digest influence my creative work, and I think it's interesting to see the elements that appear in a finished project. 

There is a lot happening on the story front these days; the 3rd book in the Fairday Morrow series. The Master's Emporium, is in the works, along with a WIP that's been brewing up a storm lately. So, while the story cauldron is simmering, here are some of the art projects I've recently completed. 

The more you look, the more you see; truth lies betwixt the lines. Nature's spirits are my muse, and when I explore the essence of natural patterns on a deeper level, I always find myself lost in a mad splash of matter. After all, that's where it's all happening! 

"Myxtress Molasses
Microscopic Modern Art 

"Dream Dragon

Dream Dragon waking

Knock, knock Skull of Forever

Three fold vibe power


"Sorceress Purpura's Spell
Conjuring violet in the Skull of Forever

Spin, spin Rainbow Ride

Purpura’s spell, call a star

Spin, spin Rainbow Ride

When is now, and not so far 

 

Spin, spin Rainbow Ride

Xeerimoops, a stranger way

Spin, spin Rainbow Ride

Skull of Forever in play


"Colors Dancing in MIND" 

"Color Storm" 

There are clues about the stories and more artwork at Cottagefive.com if you're interested in putting some of the pieces of the puzzle together. 

Cottagefive.com is my art website where you will find drawings, paintings, copper wire characters, mood candles, Microscopic Modern Art, and more! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my art. I love to share ideas and spark imagination. Enjoy the colors! They are eternally light and free. 😍💖

~Jess

Copper wire mermaid on fluorite stone/ clam shell

"Dancing with Spirits" 
Mood candle art

25 comments:

  1. Wow, wow and wow. Thank you for sharing some of your creativity. Colour me awed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC- So glad toy enjoyed the colorful creations. :)

      Delete
  2. You're a talented artist. I love your color choices. And it's good to hear that another book is in the works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie- Thanks so much! Creating art brings me so much joy. :)

      Delete
  3. You are certainly creative. Good to hear book three is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Colors Dancing in mind is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Los colores son muy bellos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encantan los colores. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your art. It's so vibrant. The colors and patterns are dazzling.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth- I always enjoy stopping by your blog! Thanks for your kind words about my art. :)

      Delete
  8. So colourful and vibrant :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so creative. And vibrant colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nas- I love working with color! Thanks for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  10. I love your art! It's so whimsical and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vibrant colors! I do chores listening to podcasts but when I'm working online, it's just music and preferably instrumental when I need to proofread. Lol! I haven't started on an audiobook yet. I prefer reading the text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux- I love that there are so many different things we can listen to depending on what we are doing and what we are in the mood for. I love audiobooks- but I know that some people don't enjoy them. I like reading texts too. :) And sometimes- I just want silence!

      Delete
  12. Hi Jess - thank goodness this hadn't dropped off my Feedly - so very late ... apologies. I don't do podcasts ... and when I'm out and about - am happy having my thoughts power through my grey cells. I love your colours and they'd sparkle so many little girls' creative cells.

    Your Rainbow Rides are delightful - though I'd be fearful of all the eyes, even though you've taken me to Eyelands! The purple is gorgeous ... I loved Morning Glory Rose Garden ... I'll never look at morning glory in the same way.

    Congratulations - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww- thanks, Hilary! I do love being in silence with my thoughts as well. Glad the eyes weren't too much for you. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget