Monday, May 1, 2023

Views From the Pond- March/April

Over the last year and a half I have moved to a new house (it was quite a process). One of my favorite things about my new space is the small pond in the front yard. Although it wasn't on my list of things I "needed" when I was house hunting, it turns out it was something I needed in my life. 

Depending on the season, there is a house or two visible in the distance, as the pond is close to my street (which is very quiet most of the time). If I sit on my front porch I can see and hear the pond and the babbling brook that feeds into it. There is also space close to the pond to sit and relax. Over the last year I have watched the daily changes and have marveled in the animals that come to visit. In the evening, the sounds of crickets and frogs mingling with owls and other night creatures creates a symphony that changes daily. 

I decided to share my views with all of you- so this is the first of a new regular monthly feature on Fairday's Blog. 

These pictures are all from this past March and April. I love the Mallard ducks that visit most days! I talk to them and call them Lord and Lady Quackerly.  Some mornings it is hard to leave for work because there is so much to observe at home. You will notice algae in some pictures, and that is a new addition. There wasn't even a trace of algae in the pond until after the pond came back from a drought we had last summer/fall (it lasted for about 3 months and the pond became a puddle). 

This post contains a lot of pictures because I am sharing two months of Views From the Pond instead of one. It is amazing to see how much the pond changes each day, and the view is so therapeutic. The first picture is from the morning of  March 1st and the last is from the last weekend in April. I have SO been enjoying watching my Magnolia tree bloom. 























I hope you enjoy the views as much as I do! Nature changing and coming alive is pure magic to witness.  ~Stephanie

40 comments:

  1. A slice of heaven. A LARGE slice of heaven. No wonder you find it hard to leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC- I do feel lucky to have such beauty right outside my door. Very different from the view I had at my other house where I lived for 17 years. Definitely hard to leave in the morning. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new home. It's so awesome that your property includes a pond. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have been working on renovating since before we officially moved in. I had no idea how much joy having a pond would give me. :)

      Delete
  3. That is really cool you have a pond on your property. I'm sure it is therapeutic to watch the wildlife around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex- It really is very therapeutic watching all the wildlife. :)

      Delete
  4. The views are magical, LOVE the photos! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, I love your pond. The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I wish you could come and sit for a while. It is a relaxing view.

      Delete
  6. How beautiful! What a wonderful thing to have in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L. Diane- It really is a treat. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. :)

      Delete
  7. These are beautiful photos. How lucky you are to be so near a pond and such peaceful, lovely views. Enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth- Thanks! I do feel very lucky to have such beautiful views out my front door. :)

      Delete
  8. I love ponds, and yours is amazing! I loved seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee- Thanks so much! I enjoy ponds too- but had no idea how much I would love having my very own. ;)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Romance Reader- So glad you enjoyed them. :)

      Delete
  10. The views you've shared are lovely.
    Enjoy your new home, the pond and your surroundings.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky to have a little pond to call your own! It's surprising how many beautiful changes of nature can happen in only two months. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia- I love watching the daily changes. It is amazing how much the pond and surrounding area change each day- little things that add up. :) I do feel very lucky to have this pond on my property.

      Delete
  12. You definitely found a beautiful place to live. So serene. I'm sure it's difficult to leave it when it's time to go to work. Thanks for sharing. Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra- We looked at what felt like a million houses and feel so happy we found a house that gives us such a feeling of peace. It's hard to leave in the morning, but I do try to soak it all in when I am home. :)

      Delete
  13. You have a beautiful patch of paradise! A perfect place to live and dream and work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jemi- Thank you! I find it very inspiring and feel so lucky to have these views. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh wow, such a beautiful place to live among the ponds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really nice to sit outside. :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful place to live and write.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! I'm delighted to see you live somewhere pretty. That's important to me, too. New England's transition from winter to spring can feel endless but it's quite elegant if you know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Armchair Squid- Yes! Winter can see very long and the transition seems to take forever, but it is nice watching it unfold. Stopping and paying attention to the changes is key. :) I am so happy with the view from my new house. So different from where I lived before- so I make sure to appreciate it every day!

      Delete
  17. It looks like such a peaceful place! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new home. And these are some beautiful views!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifull pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget