Friday, February 22, 2019

Answer to Fairday's Riddle: Squash Time!

Excellent guessing, Riddlers! This week we're into squash. Tune in MONDAY to find out how the answer ties into the story. Can you guess the children's picture book Margo's chosen for us? See you all around the book block. ~ F

On the vine I shall grow— living light, lying low. When my flowers burst and bloom buzzing bees begin to loom. I'll take shape in seasons time, climbing up the fencing line. I'm likely roasted or stewed in soup, my gutty cousins get the scoop.

What am I? Answer: Squash!
From the squash's perspective.



Make time to riddle and rhyme!
62 original riddles and illustrations

14 comments:

  1. A book about squash. What an interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to what comes now. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DMS - thankfully right ... and they are delicious - Happy weekends everyone - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how squash ties into the story.

    www.ficklemillennial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually got it right :)

    Now I wonder how squash will tie into the story??!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was close! LOL! Great riddle! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know this, but squash is such a fun word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have thought pumpkin would be the answer. Strange side note: this is the third time squash has come up this month. Once for a reading challenge, once in a book, and now here. We get it, you want to be seen! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget