Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Answer to Monday's Riddle: The Clever Cuttlefish...


Excellent guessing Riddlers! This week, it's all about the mysterious cuttlefish. Fairday's review will show us what life is like beneath the waters reflection, and Friday, we're excited to chat with our friend Gueh Yanting, Claudine about her children's books. Over the weekend, we always enjoy hearing from you on The DMS Wants to Know. See you all around the book block ; ) ~ F

I move through the depths with my "W" eyes. I've mastered the craft of clever disguise. I've arms like tentacles, and a shell of bone; I'm usually drifting about all alone. My blood may be green, but I'm color blind- though I'm the brightest of my kind. Some of my cousins are funnily perverse, shooting out gases to swim in reverse. I've my own ink, though I don't use it to write- it helps me evade an upcoming fight. I like it here in my garden of blue, listing and swelling on the ocean's cue. If you can guess just what I am, surly you must be a cephalopod fan.  

What am I? Answer: A Cuttlefish 


Here was the clue- a giant cuttlefish!



Make time to riddle and rhyme!
62 original riddles and illustrations 


Fairday's Riddles: Volume I 

Available in all e-book formats
Download for only .99¢ on Smashwords



14 comments:

  1. I probably wouldn't have guessed cuttlefish because I don't remember seeing one before. LOL! But it's very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, It is so cool! Thanks for stopping by to check out the riddle. :) ~ F

      Delete
  2. They are so interesting looking! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meradeth, Thanks for popping by- the cuttlefish is so amazing! ~ F

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Romance Book Haven, No worries! Thanks for stopping by, and great job guessing- it's always fun. :) ~ F

      Delete
  4. Ohh. I don't think I have heard of this fish before. Love the picture! Creepy looking, hih. Awesome riddle as well. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little fishy is new to me - thanks for the pix. Very strange fellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carina, Thanks so much for stopping by! It's always lovely to hear from you. :)

      Hi Leslie, Glad we could introduce you to the magnificent cuttlefish! ~ F

      Delete
  6. LOL!! I never would have gotten that because I never heard of cuttlefish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, Now, you know! Thanks so much for popping by to check out the riddle this week. :) ~ F

      Delete
  7. Yep we got it wrong. Hubby and I never heard of cuttlefish. Learn something new everyday! I fix the problem on my site (hopefully) it was a problem with Blogger template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raven, Thanks for letting us know, and stopping by- we are glad to introduce you to the cuttlefish, certainly clever and mysterious, they are! ~ F

      Delete
  8. I got it right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget