Thursday, September 8, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?



Imagine looking at a photograph and hearing the people’s thoughts. What if what you heard was scary or someone needed your help? In Midnight for Charlie Bone (Children of the Red King Book 1) by Jenny Nimmo, Charlie thinks he is going crazy when he starts hearing voices, but soon finds out that he has a special gift. His crazy aunts are thrilled because it means he has been “chosen”. Charlie is not so happy because he has to leave his house, his best friend, and his uncle to start attending Bloor’s Academy. Although he can come home for weekends, he is now surrounded by people he doesn’t know and it is hard to fit in. Everyone at Bloor’s has a "special gift" and he isn’t sure what to make of everything. Charlie has a few mysteries to uncover that will keep him from resting easy!


I really enjoyed Jenny Nimmo’s writing style. I found myself on the edge of my seat because there was a new twist and turn at the end of each chapter. Charlie is a kid that I would be friends with- he seems nice and clever. I also liked trying to solve the mystery myself. The only thing I was slightly unhappy about was that the book didn’t answer all of my questions in the end. But, on the plus side- the book is part of a series- so I will have to read Charlie Bone and the Time Twister! If you are a fan of fantasy and you are between 4thand 7th grade I think this is a book you will like! 

Has anyone else read any of the books in this series?        
Or another book by Jenny Nimmo?


Happy Reading!
~L

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book! I haven't read the rest of the Children of The Red King Series, but I definitely plan to! ~F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I have not read this series- but it sounds cool. I love fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Love your design. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to pick out a book to read- this one sounds cool. Nice review- it makes me want to read it. I don't know if I would like hearing thoughts from people in pictures. Kind of creepy- but it sort of makes me intrigued, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished this book tonight. So cool- starting book 2 tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation- you rock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget