Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Answer to Monday's Riddle: Word is the Word...

Excellent guessing, Riddlers. This was a tough riddle, and as it should be! Words are tricky. Lizzy will cast a spell on you Friday with her book review, so stay tuned. See you all around the book block. ; ) ~ F

Conjured meanings stir up thought; sound waves travel to be caught. Frequencies vary on passing tides; rough seas ahead, and you may hide. When a calmer wave does mellow, better to speak to a common fellow. How do we know what it is that we say? By the magic we've shared since our very first day. Morphology sticks to the roots of the tree, a part of the structure that tells it to thee. You've read this far, so I'll give you a clue, our knowledge expands when we learn one that's new. 

What am I referring to? Answer: Words!




Fairday's Riddles: Volume I 
Make time to riddle and rhyme!

62 original riddles and illustrations
Available in all e-book formats





 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. Erm, yeah, I kinda missed that one because I've been off the blogosphere...but you can blame it on reading your book. Yes, that's it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well-I missed this one also but great riddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops and sorry about not being around here lately with my celebrity presence. I shall um, spread the WORD! :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this one, Yay.. I had to read the clue 3 times, them I guessed ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! This is one of our favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have figured it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I didn't get this. Now I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, it definitely seems obvious now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, awesome riddle this week :D Love it. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jess - that's a clever riddle and I'm certain I'd have been bog eyed and wrong if I'd tried to guess it .. but the post is down my reading list - sorry.

    Loved reading it though ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a pretty difficult one, and I think I was close with language! Words are definitely what we need in life :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that had us all guessing! Excellent riddle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget