Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Answer to Monday's Riddle! ~ A Ship Adrift ~


Excellent guessing Riddlers! This week we're setting sail for open waters. Lizzy's review will take us into the horizon, and Thursday on Top of the Heap we'll navigate the turbulent tides. Friday, Randi Barrow will be riding in on a wave to tell us about her story Finding Zasha, and Saturday on The DMS Wants to Know, we hope to find your message in a bottle. See you all around the book block ; ) ~ F


Over and under, but really on top. I drift through the crest, though that's what I'll chop. With a bow, I stretch out in wonder, as the wake of my carriage ripples asunder. Bobbing around with my reflection, I stay on course when you right my direction. Should you boldly enter the deep, your body and spirit I promise to keep. 

What am I? Answer: Boat/ Ship





Clue: Titanic/ Heart of the Ocean 


Make time to riddle and rhyme!
62 original riddles and illustrations  

Available in all e-book formats
Download for only .99¢ on Smashwords

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Petty, Isn't that a great picture- I found it at a tag sale- it's like some sort of resin that the picture is painted on. It seems, with the right lighting, that the water is moving, plus there is so much happening in the background if you take a look. Thanks for stopping by! ~ F

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Alex, You sure did! Great job : ) ~ F

      Delete
  3. Missed this riddle. Love those ship pics!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nutschell, Thanks! Great to hear from you : ) ~ F

      Delete
  4. Now I know what the necklace means! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, Thanks! I thought it was clever : ) ~F

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Jemi, It's sure to be fun! Thanks for popping by- always a pleasure to hear from you : ) ~ F

      Delete
  6. Woot! I got it right :) Okay, I may have read the other comments and realized they were right, but still! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meradeth, Great job! Thanks for popping by : ) ~ F

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, We missed you! Thanks for stopping by- always lovely to hear from you! ~ F

      Delete
  8. Ahh a boat indeed huh? I think I need to sharpen my nonexistent riddle solving skills. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi akossiwaketoglo, Thanks for stopping by- your skills are fine! I like to keep everyone on their toes- lol! ~ F

      Delete
  9. Loved the riddle :) Sigh. I need to re-watch Titanic soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carina, Thanks! Great movie : ) Thanks for stopping by! ~ F

      Delete
  10. Oh well, now don't I feel silly. It makes perfect sense. I was thinkging down the wrong lane the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget