Saturday, October 20, 2012

Millie Wants to Know!


Monday's Riddle was a blogging good rhyme, and Lizzy's review of Millicent Marie Is Not My Name by Karen Pokras Toz brought us all a little closer, inspiring our theme for this week. On Top of the Heap, we told you about some of the amazing authors we have been able to connect with over the past year, and Friday, we were excited to bring you an interview with M.P. Kozlowsky, author of the spooky, new middle grade Juniper Berry. Also, the Fall into Fantasy Book Giveaway Hop will be running until Sunday, October 21st, so don't forget to enter for your chance to fall into any fantasy that you wish with a $10 gift card to Amazon.com and a hardcover edition of The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow by J. Haight & S. Robinson. Plus, we are excited to be a part of the Millicent Marie tour! For the past few days we've been chatting about blogging. Now, Millie is making her way around the book block, and today, she wants to hear from you!

The DMS wants to help Millie out, and she needs your advice: What do you think about blogging? Have you made a difference in another persons life with your blog? Is there a blog that has made a difference in yours? 

Here's a little about Millie:
Twelve-year-old Millicent Marie does not like her name. After all, she was named for a woman who died more than fifty years ago and was not the most loveable member of the Harris family. Her friends call her Millie, but when she writes in her diary she refers to herself as Amanda – the name she always wished she had.

When Millie’s younger brother finds her diary on her computer, he decides to publish it as a blog for the entire world to see, including the boy Millie has a crush on. In the midst of all the mayhem, Millie/Amanda discovers she is suddenly Springside Elementary’s most sought after sixth-grade mystery gossip and advice columnist.

But not all is fun and games, as Millie quickly learns, once she realizes feelings are at stake. Nobody, least of all Millie, expects things to turn out as they do in this tale of friendship and respect.


Read our review of this fun middle grade book!

☞ Learn more & get your own copy (ebook and paperback)   
Goodreads ☞ Barnes & Noble ☞ Amazon ☟

 About Karen Pokras Toz:
Karen Pokras Toz is a writer, wife and mom. Karen grew up in Connecticut and currently lives outside of Philadelphia with her husband and three children. In June 2011, Karen published her first middle grade children’s novel for 7-12 year olds called Nate Rocks the World, which won First Place for Children’s Chapter Books and the Grand Prize Overall in the 2012 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards, as well as placing first for a Global E-Book Award for Pre-Teen Literature. In 2012, Karen published the second in the Nate Rocks series, Nate Rocks the Boat, followed by middle grade novel, Millicent Marie Is Not My Name. Karen is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI)

 Check out our interview with Karen!

Follow the tour on Pinterest and don't forget to check out Millie's blog.

17 comments:

  1. I love blogging because it's allowed me to connect with other writers and readers. It's a great online community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I couldn't agree more! I've met so many amazing people - including Jess & Stephanie :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting Millie this week! She can't to hear what people think about blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogging. It's given me so much. I don't think I've made a difference in someone else's life with my blog... that's kind of deep. I would like to post meaningful things like Respiring Thoughts does. Those posts would make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be surprised - you never know who is reading your blog & who you may be reaching. I love blogging as well (& of course so does Millie.)

      Delete
  4. I love blogging but I am not really sure why...I love reading blogs and I have learned from all of the blogs that I read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - there are some amazing blogs out there! Reading them is just as much fun as writing them!

      Delete
  5. When I started blogging I thought I would put up a couple of posts for fun and that would be that! - instead I've been amazed at the wonderful people I've met and how incredibly talented and creative they are. Blogging gives so many people a means of expression that never existed before. The only down side (if I can call it that) is how addictive it is - my family are now tending to feel rather neglected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way when I first started blogging. I'm always surprised when I get comments. It reminds me that someone other than my mom reads my blog lol! And yes - writing is definitely an addictive habit!

      Delete
  6. I have to confess that blogging has made a big difference in my life: for the last 5 years I've been dealing with health issues and related anxiety/depression. While I've got a lovely support base of friends & family, blogging has provided an exciting distraction from my problems, and I've been sincerely blessed to have met so many, many beautiful souls. It IS very addictive, but it also helps keep the old bat sane lol ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree blogging is great therapy! I have similar issues and find blogging can also be a great place to educate people about what's going on with your health.

      Delete
  7. I has no idea going into blogging that I would meet so many wonderful people and that has certainly been well worth the experience. Sure it is a lot of work but I love all the new friends I have made and interacting with all the authors. All the blogs Impress on a regular basis are important to me and I am so glad I got to know you ladies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi- I agree with you! I had no idea that blogging would allow me to meet so many wonderful people! It is definitely worth it, even though it is a lot of work. I am always fascinated by the blogs I visit and love my blogger friends. You are so much fun to know and chat books with on a regular basis, Heidi! :) ~Stephanie

      Delete
  8. Blogging has allowed me to meet so many generous, book-loving people. Friends so far away but sometimes closer than some of my closest friends are to me. I get nervous about mingling in general, but so far the people I've had close online friendships with are amazing. The Secret Files and another blogger friend's vintage book blog (March House Book Blog) are the ones I read every week because the pictures and books they share just brighten my days up every time. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudine- You have such a way with words! I agree with you that some of my closest friends are my blogging buddies. I look forward to visiting my blogging friends' blogs. There are so many interesting posts and things for me to learn and explore. You always have such thoughtful posts! :) ~Stephanie

      Delete
  9. I believe blogging does help others as well as ourselves. I love my friends I've met through blogging and following others' blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna- I agree that it is a win-win situation! I love to share with bloggers and learn from them. I am constantly amazed by the friends I have made blogging. :) ~Stephanie

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget