Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday's Riddle: Nature's Ingredient...



Hello, Riddlers! Can you guess our theme this week? I used to "cook" with this when I was little, now Margo's the chef. ; ) ~ F

Two elements mix, and I'm what brews. I'll trip up your walk and muddle your shoes. I'm a sign of change one season shows; when the ground melts, everyone knows. A seeping suck with every move, I'll make it harder to keep your groove. But I'm lots of fun for the younger kind, who play with me right and use their mind. Perhaps a pie will be made of me, served with rocks or leaves from a tree. I'm known to be dirty, but that's untrue. I'm good for your skin, and there's much more I do. What can I be? That's the quarry. Take care when I'm deep or you'll be sorry. 

What am I?

I gave you a clue! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

29 comments:

  1. Sounds like mud to me (sorry if this comes up twice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    MUD! I'm just kind of embarrassed that I didn't get it until "A seeping suck with every move . . ." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to be mud. With the thaw coming in the east I bet they'll have a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mud pies used to be so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I read other peoples' responses I had guessed mud :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUD! The pie part gave it away. Although I'm more a fan of the tastier sorts of pies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely mud. And spring can't come soon enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One my favorite pastimes as a kid was making mud sculptures and letting them dry in the sun. My mother used to tell me she thought I was related to the native potters who used to live in CA. Nothing better than mud as a toy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say 'mud'... love those mud pies... lol :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with the others, mud! We will soon have plenty of it around here as the snow melts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mud! Of which I'd be happy for at this point--the ground is still frozen solid up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, mud! "When the ground melts, everyone knows," was where I could guess...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mud! I know lots about that stuff at my pad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mud! I know lots about that stuff at my pad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The answer has been revealed! ;) ~ F

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mud Pies! I remember my friend and I made them and to be authentic we used the real eggs from the chickens....I was sent home! (my friend lived on a farm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget