Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Answer to Monday's Riddle! A Baker's House


Excellent guessing Riddlers! Now that I've got you hungry, we're ready to cook! Lizzy's review will be here in a snap, and Thursday on Top of the Heap, we'll be preparing something delicious. Friday, the Character Book Club meets once again, and Saturday, we always enjoy hearing your thoughts on The DMS Wants to Know. See you all around the book block ; ) ~ F

A warm smell hits the spot, tantalizing with what its got. A wafting hunger reaches in, grabs your belly, and makes you grin. There's flour and salt, but sugar surmounts- never mind the calories, which no one counts. Behind the counter stands the man with the dough. He's the one who runs this show. He makes all sorts of things for you to enjoy; fritters and loafs when the time is nigh. Step up and pick whatever you wish, shake hands with a bear claw or delight in a knish. 

What am I referring to? Answer: A Bakery- doh!  

This was the clue!

Make time to riddle and rhyme!
62 original riddles and illustrations 

Fairday's Riddles: Volume I 
Available in all e-book formats
Download for only .99¢ on Smashwords

10 comments:

  1. Yep, still makes me want a bear claw :) Great riddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meradeth, I haven't had one yet either, but I know it's in my future- they are so delicious! Thanks for stopping by : ) ~ F

      Delete
  2. Mmm, a bakery. Sounds like a great place to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, Who doesn't love a trip to the bakery? lol. Thanks for popping by to share your thoughts with us : ) ~ F

      Delete
  3. Sad I missed the riddle. Last Monday brought me a new kind of crazy busy. See you next week I hope. :)

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi akossiwaketoglo, I hope things settle down for you! Thanks for stopping by : ) ~ F

      Delete
  4. Buhahaha! - Probably the easiest riddle so far but I'm so happy I got it right so I don't care :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing that say I love you more than homebaked goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, You bet! They are delicious : ) ~ F

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget