Thursday, October 11, 2012

Top of the Heap!

The hint of a dream...
Monday's Riddle has faded into a dream, but we're still on the topic! Wednesday, Lizzy took us into the thick of it with her review of Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky. And, today, we are excited to share some of our inner landscapes with you. So sit back and relax while we tell you about a couple of our own crazy dreams!

This week's top of the heap: Dreamscapes 

Fairday: Dreams are amazing! A topic with endless possibilities. I find it fascinating that while I'm here in reality, they seem so insignificant, but while I'm there (wherever dreamland exists), here is so insignificant- not even a blip. I love to dream, and I love to remember my dreams if I can. So much of me is wrapped up in them. There are familiar places, things, and people that I come across. I thought I would tell you about Tiffany. Tiffany is the gypsy girl who pops in whenever there is some sort of marketplace or fair that arises. It's always the same person, and she is always selling something fancy, like jewelry or music boxes. Tiffany has a butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder and a beauty mark above her lip. She wears lots of really eclectic jewelry and is somewhat standoffish at first. I thought I'd sketch her selling some of the interesting trinkets that she peddles while I'm sleeping : ) ~ F


Lizzy: I love to sleep, and most of my dreams are very pleasant. One dream that I remember very clearly was about flying. It was the most exhilarating experience ever! In the scene, I was flitting around from branch to branch, soaring through golden leaves that rustled gently all around me. There was no point to the dream. I just glided easily through trees. I have tried many times to go back and experience that wondrous feeling again, but, as you all know, it just doesn't work that way! Wishing you all the sweetest dreams ; )  ~ L




8 comments:

  1. That's especially interesting with the dream gypsy gal who sells jewelry & trinkets, her name being Tiffany - which, of course, is also the name of a famous jeweler!

    One of my most outstanding dreams involved a family reunion, of *distant cousins* whom I had never before met. One of the cousins asked me, in this emphatic but arch/sarcastic way -
    "Do you KNOW where you are?"

    Of course, like a sleeping moron, I answered yes (thinking, in the dream, that I was at my aunt's house in Ky). I've long been curious as to what she, the cousin, might have replied if I had said no? Where would she have told me I really, actually was at? *le sigh* lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MAD, LOL- I didn't even think about the connection with Tiffany and the jewelry store - see how obvious things are that you just don't see until someone points them out!

      What a fascinating question to ponder- where were you? Where is dreamland? Are we all in the same place at that time- a jumbled mess of connected thoughts and ideas? Who knows- but I love taking the trip there every night, that's for sure! Thanks so much for stopping by to share your thoughts with us- always lovely to hear from you : ) ~ F

      Delete
  2. I’ve been busy this week so this is the first chance I've had to call in. So many good things have been going on here – it will take me a while to read them all, but I don’t intend to miss anything!
    Talking about dreams, a few days after our beloved dog died, I had a wonderful dream. I found myself at a gateway into a field with a river and a windmill. It was a beautiful day – blue sky, white fluffy clouds you know the kind of thing. Rosie our beloved dog was waiting for me at the gate, together with our four previous dogs. It was the nicest most comforting dream I've ever had – I will never forget it and hope it comes true one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, Thanks for popping by and sharing your thoughts with us! I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dog, that is always such a hard thing. I know from my own experience. But, your description sounds like one of the best dreams ever. What an amazing feeling it must have been to be there with your beloved pet. Always such a pleasure to hear from you : ) ~ F

      Delete
  3. My parents have both passed away but they often feature in my dreams - especially my mom. Often she is not with me in person but is speaking to me on the phone (for example) - in the dream I know that there is something strange about the fact that she is there but I don't know why. Its only when I wake up that I realise what the reason is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- I am glad your mom is able to visit you in your dreams. It always amazes me when something seems strange in a dream, but I can't figure out why until I wake up. Thanks for sharing. :) ~L

      Delete
  4. Fun post about dreams. Tiffany is very interesting. wonder why the dreams of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna- Dreams always amaze me and they can tell us so much. I think I should look into the clues in the Tiffany dream that Fairday keeps having. Maybe she should chart the days that Tiffany shows up and see if there is any connection. :) ~L

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget