Friday, November 17, 2017

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


I was excited when Lizzy told me I could talk about one of my favorite books in the Harry Potter series. Who knows, maybe she'll let me come back one day to tell you about another book.

Harry Potter’s scar has been hurting and he’s been having strange dreams. Getting to leave his aunt and uncle’s house to attend the Quidditch World Cup with his best friend and his family is a dream come true. After getting there by portkey, Harry can barely get over all the wonderful aspects of the Quidditch World Cup and the festival-like atmosphere surrounding it. Quidditch is his favorite sport and there is so much to take in. But when Voldemort’s dark mark shows up in the sky it becomes apparent that Lord Voldemort is back and he still has followers. Arriving at Hogwarts for their fourth year, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are excited to learn that their school will be hosting the first Triwizard Tournament in over two hundred years. The contest is only open to those over 17 years old. Students and professors from other schools come to Hogwarts to see if the Goblet of Fire will pick them to participate. The names of those who wish to participate go into the goblet, and then the competitors are announced. Somehow the goblet spits out two names from Hogwarts- Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter. People are upset and feel that Harry cheated, but he didn't. Now the tasks start and the danger is real. These tasks will leave one person as the champion and the stakes are high. Not everyone will get out alive. Will Harry encounter Lord Voldemort again? Does He have what it takes to stay alive during the games? Will Harry ever find out who put his name in the goblet? You don’t want to miss this page turner!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling is the fourth book in the Harry Potter series. Harry grows in the book as a person and as a wizard. As a teenager he goes through arguments with his friends, starts being interested in girls, and he sees a death which solidifies the gravity of his situation at Hogwarts. Harry has always been mischievous, but when the time comes to choose between right and wrong- he always chooses right. I really liked the Triwizard Tournament and some of the challenges they had- especially the gillyweed. I think that this was the most trying year for Harry because he finally realized what Voldemort was all about. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy a mystery, the supernatural, and a lot of action. Fans of Harry Potter will definitely like this book!

Has anyone else read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? Or have you read another book by J.K. Rowling? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

~Marcus “Brocket” the Rocket

26 comments:

  1. I love Harry Potter really enjoyed the books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Harry Potter series. At some point, I need to read them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherie- Definitely! Rereading the books will be tons of fun. ~Marcus

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely series, really must re-read it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda- I hope you get to reread them soon. I highly recommend the audio books. ~Marcus

      Delete
  4. All of the series was fun, but I still like the first book the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee- I like book one, but so far books 3 or 4 are my favorite. Book one did get me hooked though! ~Marcus

      Delete
  5. Echoing cleemckenzie. I have read The Casual Vacancy and her murder mysteries too. And prefer the mystery series to The Casual Vacancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may be the only person on the planet that hasn't read these books. I read the first one, but I never got around to the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rpsi- Wow! I think you will fall in love with the audio books. The narrator, Jim Dale, does an amazing job. ~Marcus

      Delete
  7. When my baby is older I am so gonna read all these to her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blodeuedd- That will be such a special experience! ~Marcus

      Delete
  8. I'm sending this post over for my nephew...sounds like just the series for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, fun review from Brocket :D I adore the Harry Potter books. Not my favorites, but love them even so. And this fourth one was so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carina- The 4th one had so many cool aspects to it. Definitely an amazing series! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too. ~Marcus

      Delete
  10. I've read all the Harry Potter books, but not for a while and now I want to read them all again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara- Rereading them will be a blast! ~Marcus

      Delete
  11. I know these books are popular but I've not read one of them! I really ought to read at least one - if not more!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan- I hope you get to read them. They are wonderful for kids and adults. The audio version is out of this world. ~Marcus

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget