Thursday, April 5, 2012

Top of the Heap!

Sometimes it is just so fun to scare yourself silly. Closed for the Season by Mary Downing Hahn is a story that definitely has shock value. The suspense and anticipation keep you coming back for more. Like a lightning bolt- the unpredictable element of surprise is fantastic. I love it when something pops out and scares the living daylights out of me. As long as it's accompanied by a little comic relief, there's no reason not to embrace these wonderful tales of terror. Lizzy and I are in agreement on this one. So much so, that we are combining our thoughts on it. 


This weeks top of the heap... stories with shock value : ) 


No matter whether we are at a sleepover or hanging out with friends, we both love to turn off the lights, get cozy into our sleeping bags, dig into the popcorn, and wait for Watcher in the Woods to begin. Honestly, this movie is just so scary, it's hard to believe that it's Disney! The old, spooky house, the woods that seem haunted, strange occurrences, and supernatural forces inspire goose bumps every time. This is seriously the creepiest movie ever! 


When Mrs. Aylwood is stirring the water that Jan has fallen into, we both have to cover our eyes, even though we know what's going to happen. Any movie that can scare you over and over again has to be our pick for the most shockingly, terrifying movie of all time. For anyone that likes a good fright- check out Watcher in the Woods! Betty Davis will send shivers down your spine in this freaky flick. ~ F & L





16 comments:

  1. Ok I really want to watch Watcher in the Woods now - can't believe I never have!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to watch it! I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! Something about the way it was filmed, the music, setting, and the actors really work together to scare the pants off me! Betty Davis (shiver).

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah! So glad you can comment again. I don't know what was happening with Blogger for a little while there. Hope it is all worked out now!

      Delete
  4. Love scary! Hitchcock always put me on the edge of my seat. I'm trying to remember if I saw Watcher in the Woods. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepare to be scared- LOL! I had the goosebumps just from watching the trailer! Love this movie...NERAK (so creepy)... you'll see when you watch it : ) ~ F

      Delete
  5. My family always goes to stay at a family cabin in the summer. I think we need to do a "scary book challenge" this year while we're up there. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What could possibly be more fun than a scary book challenge? There are some out there that can really scare the pants off of you! Watcher in the Woods was definitely one that did that to me- well, I mean, I kept my pants on- but I was definitely terrified : ) ~ F

      Delete
  6. My daughter thinks First Blood is scary. She should look at my annual tax bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol- I bet that is scarier than First Blood!

      Delete
  7. That trailer made me scared- now I have to go rent this movie and see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate, Trey! The trailer scared me and I have the seen movie. I hope you get to watch it soon! ~F

      Delete
  8. Watcher in the Woods looks super creepy That lady scares me already. I haven't seen it- but I know what I will be renting soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch it with a friend- it will be even more fun! ~L

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget