Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday 2012!

Okay, so the Begonia House is experiencing its first football exorcism today! LOL- I've heard some really weird, unsettling noises creaking through the old pipes this morning. My mom grew up in  NY City for most of her life, and my dad lived in Connecticut all of his. It's totally ridiculous looking in the fancy parlor my mother has been redecorating in an urban twist on victorian design. The brilliant black and yellow silk curtains are topped off with a string of blinking Patriot helmet lights, and the solid gray marble mantel has ten bobble head football figurines bobbing away - you guessed it, 5 Eli Manning and 5 Tom Brady. Both have been trying to recruit me to their respective team for as long as I can remember. But, unfortunately for them, football is just not my thing : ) My indifference drives them both up the wall, but for me, it's much better this way. So, in the spirit of Super Bowl Sunday; the commercials, the wings, the passionate gasps and groans, all of the things that make up a fun day watching a great sport...Here's to Super Bowl 2012! Let's have a fabulous game! And, for me personally, I'm pretty psyched to see Madonna during the half-time show. ~ F

HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY 2012


9 comments:

  1. I, myself, am a Dolphins fan. This is not a good thing, caught as I am in the borderlands between New York and New England! I'm rooting for the Giants. Christian and Abigail are rooting for New England. My wife doesn't care!

    So, Fairday, we'll be eating and watching, and maybe this year we'll watch the halftime show! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday to you too, thanks for stopping over, following back and i look forward being part of your blog. Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Greg- Enjoy the game! It should be exciting with you and the kids on different sides! I hope the halftime show is fantastic!

    @may- Thanks for coming by and following us back. We look forward to having you on our blog. Have a fabulous week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by. I like this weekend quote too. I loveeeeee football and it's a good thing too because my hubby loves football also. Although I'm not a big fan for either team I'm still hoping for a good game!

    Good luck with the financial challenge. Remember you can start off with a dollar.

    Let's go chicken wings! I mean football!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Raven- It sure was an exciting game! Plus- the food and half time show were great! You are right- starting with a dollar is starting somewhere! Thanks for wishing me luck.

    @Patty- The lights are hilarious. Maybe the Pats will win next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super wha? Huh? Oh, that thing you buy lots of chip and dip for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being from the UK I don’t know much (anything) about the Super Bowl – but in honour of your blog I did watch a bit on TV! I’m not a big football fan but I loved all the razzle-dazzle and the adverts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Leslie- Lol! I prefer the food, too!

    @Barbara- I can imagine that over in the UK everyone is much more interested in football (soccer). I love the word adverts- and agree with you that they are exciting to watch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget