Friday, January 27, 2012

Margo's Musings... The Lemonman by Natasha Ferrill

 Buy The Lemonman 
My mom picked up a great new book for my little sister, Margo. Not only did she love the story, but my dad insisted that it be read to the whole family. He, of course, would be doing the reading. So, Tuesday night, he gathered us all up and sat us down in the living room. He read the rhyming words in dramatic verse, acting out each scene, and doing all the voices of the different characters. Margo could barely contain herself as he busted into the sneaky voice of Mr. Cunningham C. Toad. I, myself, was transported to the magical little town of Applenook, and I was right there with the Lemonman as he set out on his day's journey. Margo felt bad for Timmy Pear and seemed to really connect with Miss Strawberry for some reason. She looked genuinely worried as Mr. Toad (A.K.A. my dad) headed cheerfully off toward the murky looking Swampwater Road. It's a great story and we all had fun listening to it read aloud. The illustrations are really cute- I personally liked the house on Cherry Bay. Natasha Ferrill was kind enough to chat with us about The Lemonman series, and we will be posting the interview with her next Friday (2/3/12)~ F


This week, Margo's musing about...A Picnic, A Toad, And Swampwater Road, the first book in The Lemonman children's picture book series by Natasha Ferrill & Illustrated by Jose Pou


**Enter in the Book Giveaway on Fairday's Blog! and win a copy of this book! Giveaway runs from January 27th-31st**



6 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun book! I love the trailer. I am heading to the author's website now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of the Lemonator and the colors in the pic. I can see kids loving this book, but they all sound like great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elaine- I love the trailer too! Isn't the author's website awesome? :)

    @Donna- I agree with you- the cover of The Lemonman is great. It is a fun book that kids will love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a book my brother would love. Great cover and I liked the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that your dad decided to act out the story for the whole family - you must have a lovely dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Trey- I bet your brother would love it- it is a great book!

    @Barbara- There is nothing like hearing a story acted out! I am very lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget