Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Happens When You Break the Rules?

Can you imagine finding out that the woods near your grandparents’ house is actually a sanctuary for magical creatures? Seth and Kendra are spending a couple of weeks alone with their grandfather at his house in Connecticut. He gives them very specific rules to follow, but being curious, Seth breaks a few. This leads to some strange observations and dangerous encounters. After capturing a fairy, drinking milk that allows them to see a hidden world, and making a deal with a witch- the adventure is only just beginning. What will happen on Midsummer’s Eve? Will Kendra and Seth follow the newest set of rules or will they break them again? Wait until you find out! I bet your heart will be racing and you will want to keep reading.

This book will be a favorite of anyone who loves fantasy and would enjoy interacting with brownies, fairies and witches. If you think you would like to be a part of an adventure that will change your life, then don’t wait any longer- go out and get a copy of Fablehaven by Brandon Mull today! It is the first in a series of five books, which follow the same characters. I think anyone from 4th to 8th grade would really enjoy this fast and exciting read. I was on the edge of my seat as I read. I liked the characters and their relationship with each other- very believable. I can’t wait to find out what will happen next! Some of the fantasy terms may be new for some readers, but you will quickly be able to figure out what is happening.

I saw Brandon Mull give an author talk last year and he was amazing! It was cool to meet him and get his autograph. I hope he comes back again this year.

Has anyone else read Fablehaven? Or another book by Brandon Mull? If so, what did you think?

Happy reading!
~L

11 comments:

  1. I thought this book was really good. I used to imagine that my Grandparent's house and grounds were magical and had all sorts of creatures that roamed around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book! Thanks for coming by my blog - heading over to like your Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't read it, i got it read to me in 5th grade! but it was a great book anyway! Has anyone read the Son of Neptune yet? I just started reading it and it's great so far!

    lol
    SE (-:=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy- nice to see you here!

    SE- Did you like it when it was read to you? I haven't read The Son of Neptune yet- but I heard it was awesome from a friend. Let us know what you think of it when you are done. I am always looking for good books!

    ~F

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an interesting story~ thanks! Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I am following you back everywhere I could find to follow! LOL! Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds wonderful and I love the cover and the title!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that these are great and that I'd love them!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jess, thanks for stopping by my blog. This book sounds really cool. Is it quite similar to the Spiderwick books? Oh, and I read the blurb about your book - sounds like a very interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jess, thanks for following my blog. I'm following you back. You've got some great content on here. I love the cover of this book. I know we aren't supposed to buy books based on their covers but I do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see all of you here! Thanks for stopping by! Liz, I try not to buy books based on the cover either, but I always do : ) Toni, it is similar to Fablehaven, but the writing is different, and I found that my connection to the characters was also different. I loved reading both the Spiderwick Chronicles and Fablehaven- by the way, if you liked The Spiderwick Chronicles, you would enjoy the audio book- it is read by Mark Hamill- he does a great job reading, and I'm really picky because of Jim Dale reading the Harry Potter books (he could read me the phone book and I would find it fascinating) The first seven chapters are up on the DMS home site (http://www.jessicahaight.com) if you would like to check it out- we would love to hear your thoughts- we do have paperback copies available for readers who would like to review The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow- Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wishlisted Fablehaven. I hope to read this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget