Friday, December 15, 2017

Margo's Musings: Eggbert's Christmas at the Farm


I just found out where my parents are going to take us this weekend, and it all stems from a book Margo found at pre-school. Eggbert’s Christmas at the Farm by Laura Ann Smith McFarland is a children’s picture book about an attraction at Devitt’s Farm in Hudson Valley, New York. 


This fun holiday story has Zoe visiting the farm for the first time. She has an ornament of Eggbert with her, which her mom got when she was a little girl. After all that Zoe has heard about Eggbert, she's excited and nervous to meet him. Readers go through a tour of Devitt’s Farm and we get to see the animals and décor that make this a memorable holiday stop. Family traditions are important, and they’re something you can look forward to every year. I think after my family visits and my sister gets to experience the magic of Eggbert, this is a local farm that we’ll be visiting for many years to come!


I enjoyed this book! I had a blast reading it to Margo, and we both loved looking at all the details in the pictures. I'm definitely curious about Eggbert. In the book he talks, and I'm not sure if he talks in real life too- but I am curious to find out. Margo has been walking around, calling out, “Eggbert!” so I think she is ready to meet him. Plus, we both love farm animals, so it't sure to be a highlight of our holiday season.


Have any of you read Eggbert’s Christmas at the Farm? Have you visited Devitt’s Farm in New Windsor, New York and met Eggbert in person? Do you have a special holiday tradition that you make sure to do each year? 

Stop by this Saturday for an interview with the author, Laura Ann Smith. We'll also be hosting a fabulous holiday giveaway for an autographed copy of Eggbert’s Christmas on the Farm, along with a classic Eggbert ornament. ; )


Happy reading!

~ F

34 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, have fun visiting the place in real life, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie- Always fun to visit local farms. :) ~F

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kimberly- The illustrations are very kid friendly.:) ~F

      Delete
  3. Love this book. I love the ilustrations!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure sounds like a fun one. Even better when one can go visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat- Agreed! Fun to read a book about a place and character you can actually visit. :) ~F

      Delete
  5. I love the way that book looks! It sounds like the perfect Christmas book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty- It is a fun book for Christmas and even better because we can visit the farm in real life. :) ~F

      Delete
  6. I haven't read it but it does look fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary- It is about a local farm and character, so it was new to us too. :) ~F

      Delete
  7. Looks great! I wish I still had kids young enough for picture books... Guess I'll have to wait to be a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate- Picture books are a ton of fun. :) ~F

      Delete
  8. What fun.
    My family traditions involve looking at the lights (usually on Christmas Eve) and making a huge bowl of fruit salad (Christmas here is HOT).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC- I always love driving around and looking at lights. Fruit salad on a hot Christmas sounds good. :) ~F

      Delete
  9. I’ve not read Eggbert’s Christmas at the Farm but now that I know it has a little girl called Zoe in it I will be looking for a copy. I love buying books for my granddaughters, and they love anything with their names in – so Zoe and Lilly books are always high on my wants lists.
    Have fun at the farm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara- I would love to find books with my name in them too. How fun! Maybe you will win a copy and you can share it with Zoe. :) ~F

      Delete
  10. The illustrations are really cute. So vibrant and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit for the holidays. I'm not familiar with the farm or the book, but they both look charming. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda- The book was new to us and introduced us to the farm. Always fun to visit local attractions. :) ~F

      Delete
  13. This book looks adorable :D So glad you loved it a bunch. Lovely review sweetie. <3 Thank you for sharing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun book! The farm looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic Love Crow- The farm is awesome! :) ~F

      Delete
  15. It's going to be such a cool experience to read about something and then be able to go to that place and see what it is really like for yourself. I hope you'll enjoy your holiday and trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia- Savannah- Definitely a lot of fun to get to visit a place we had only read about. So happy to have heard about this farm and tradition. :) ~F

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget