|Author Stephanie Robinson|
Fairday's Blog! was tagged by two blogs at the same time: Little Library Muse and March House Books. Reading all of the responses has been fun, so we decided to play along. Since the blogs that tagged us asked us different questions, we will answer them all. We are only tagging 11 blogs to be fair.
1) You must post the rules.
2) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3) Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
1.If you could be a werewolf, vampire, or fairy...which would choose and why?
Stephanie: I would pick a fairy. I have always found them interesting and it would be cool to see the world from their perspective.
Jess: I always think a vampire, but I’m not that into killing things- I just like the romantic aspect of it- big Anne Rice fan : ) Probably fairy in all honestly- love their magic!
2. What one book inspires you?
Stephanie: Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling has such an amazing style of writing that I want to be in her stories!
Jess: Love, love, love Harry Potter- but Katniss Everdeen is just awesome, so also have to mention The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins is an amazing writer!
3. You are on top of the highest mountain, how did you get there and who is with you?
Stephanie: I was dropped off by a helicopter and I am with my husband.
Jess: I flew and I am by myself.
4. Favorite book right now?
Stephanie: Harry Potter. I also love Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and The Hunger Games series bySuzanne Collins.
Jess: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
5. If your life was to be written into a fiction novel, who would be the author?
Stephanie: I would love for it to be written by J.K. Rowling- but I think Judy Blume would be more apt to write about my life since my life isn’t very fantasy based.
Jess: Uh! J.K Rowling, read by Jim Dale!
6. What do you love about blogging?
Stephanie: I love getting to know other bloggers and reading about my favorite things, books!
Jess: Everything Stephanie said!
7. Do you like to cook? Bake?
Stephanie: I do not cook or bake. Lucky for me my husband loves to cook. Oddly enough- I worked for a caterer for 4 years and did a ton of cooking and baking. Maybe that is why I don’t do much of either now!
Jess: Oh Gosh, no! And, no one wants me to either!
8. What do you think about the new T.V. shows such as Once Upon a Time, and Grimm that have taken the darker approach to fairy tales?
Stephanie: I find the idea of both shows fascinating. I still haven’t had a chance to see either one- but I would love to check them out.
Jess: Eh, I love the real fairy tales in the books- especially Grimm and Han Christian Anderson.
9.If you could create your own city/world, what would it be called? What would it look like?
Stephanie: If I could create my own world it would be underwater- but everyone would be able to breathe. It would be called The Cove.
Jess: It would be called Fiddler’s Green and it would be a natural city, gleaming in green, cerulean blue and all the colors of the rainbow- and everyone can fly : )
11. Choose one of these superpowers, flight or invisibility. Why?
Stephanie: I would love to be invisible. I am a teacher and I can go very few places without running into people that I know. Being able to be invisible would allow me to run errands without showering and I could make myself invisible if I didn’t feel like chatting with someone.
Jess: Fly, just because I want to!
12. Other than reading, how do you spend your spare time?
Stephanie: Writing, traveling, teaching, and sleeping.
Jess: Creating, thinking, spending time with people I love to hang out with.
1. Do you use a bookmark or will any old bit of paper do?
Stephanie: I use anything to mark my books- an old card, a sticky note, a real bookmark, it all depends on what is close by when I need to mark my spot.
Jess: Ribbons actually.
2. What new books are you most excited to read this year?
Stephanie: Hmm.. so many. I have a list a couple of pages long. I would like to read the new series that Rick Riordan has out, as I have only read the Percy Jackson series.
Jess: I agree.. Hmmm...whatever I see that sparks my imagination- right now there are quite a few- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins is next on my list.
3. Favourite season?
Stephanie: For me- it is summer. I love to swim and I adore the beach. I like the other seasons, too- but I can’t spend as much time outside in the rest of the seasons and my allergies act up a lot in the spring and fall.
Jess: Undoubtedly, Fall- but I also find the transition from spring into summer to be amazing!
4. If money were not an issue, what present would you give yourself?
Stephanie: I would give myself a trip around the world. I love to travel and have travelled across the United States 3 times. I have seen all but 4 of the states. I have travelled out of the country as well, but not to very many places. I would LOVE to get to spend time visiting every country and checking out all that this amazing planet has to offer.
Jess: A complete spa day and a horse.
5. Do you buy second-hand books, new books or both?
Stephanie: Both! I love new and used books.
6. Early bird or night owl?
Stephanie: Night owl without a doubt. The morning isn’t my friend. I can get a lot done at night!
Jess: Mostly night owl, but lately it seems both.
7. Do you like to read a specific genre? If so, what genre is it?
Stephanie: I tend to read books from all genres.
Jess: I like them all!
8. Who is your favourite literary character of all time?
Stephanie: Harry Potter- I just can’t get enough of that series.
Jess: Morpheus & Death from the Sandman Series.
9. Physical books, E-books or audio books?
Stephanie: I prefer physical books or audio books (if the audio book is read by a good reader).
Jess: Definitely physical books- I love supporting local, independent book sellers! They are so important to our society.
10. If your life was made into a movie, who would you like to play you?
Stephanie: Hmmm. That is a good question. I have no clue. I asked my husband and he said Cameron Diaz or Elizabeth Shue.
Jess: Drew Barrymore
11. Cat person or dog person?
Stephanie: It has varied throughout my life. My husband is highly allergic to cats and dogs, so I guess now I am more of a fish person.
Jess: Both! Love them all : )
Our Questions for Those Tagged (We tried to make these fast and easy!
1. When did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
4. Best concert you have ever attended or what concert would you like to attend?
5. PC or Mac?
6. Where do you buy or get most of the books you read?
7. If you could be friends with any character from a book, who would you be friends with?
8. Favorite holiday?
9. A book you think everyone should read?
10. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
11. Favorite beverage?
|Authors Jessica Haight & Stephanie Robinson at Lake Tahoe, 1999|