Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday's Riddle! To Scare A Murder...

Hi all- this one is easy, but I thought it was fun for the season! ~F

In the middle is where I stand, guarding the seeds sewn into the land.
To scare a murder or frighten a hare is my main purpose and only care.
Perhaps I'm dressed in fancy clothes or topped with a hat that has feathers and bows. When winter comes, it's the end of road, whereas my long lost cousin only lives in the cold.


What am I?


Check back later if you need to get a clue...

7 comments:

  1. I love the way this riddle is worded! I think it is a scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Flex. First I was going to say- corn. But, duh- it is the scarecrow that protects the corn or crops. Makes me want to go pumpkin picking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarecrow!I just saw one yesterday wearing a plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has to be scarecrow- cool riddle- to scare a murder- great reference to a murder of crows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SCARECROW!!!!!!!!! That is a great riddle for this pre-halloween season!
    SE(*
    *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarecrow.... thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget